Saturday, May 11, 2019

Fun in San Antonio

It has been such fun spending time with my sister, Gail. On Thursday she and I took a drive to Hill Country African Violets and Nursery in Boerne, Texas (pronounced “Bernie.”) I found a very pretty Coleus plant and a tiny miniature African Violet to bring home. I love plant nurseries and this one was just a delight.
Afterwards, we walked around the historic part of Boerne and enjoyed perusing the shops before heading back for dinner with Gail and husband Mark.

On Friday Bob, Gail, and I visited the Witte, a museum of nature, science, and culture. Bob and I were able to get in without charge using our reciprocal pass from the Kern County Museum. The Witte is set in a lovely area overlooking the San Antonio River.


On Saturday Gail and I went shopping at Traders Village, a huge flea market with old and new items for sale. And later we met up with Bob, Mark, and our nieces Michelle and Caryn as well as Caryn’s children, for playtime at a nearby park and a walk along the Riverwalk. Auggie had a great time, too.
We are having tons of fun and are looking forward to two more days before it’s time to move on.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you guys look great; Auggie too! I guess you're up to running speed with your rv. I'm in Magnolia until Wednesday then headed to New Orleans. What's next for you guys?

    ReplyDelete