Thursday, May 30, 2019

Weaving on the Red PVC Loom

I wanted to post an update on the red PVC loom. I’m weaving a little hearts pickup band and am finding that this loom weaves very well. I have decorated the white pipes with red and white polka dotted napkins (from Walmart) using glitter Mod Podge. One of the joys of building a loom out of PVC is the freedom to decorate it any way you want, so if you build one, go wild.
I’m also finding that I can increase the tension a little more after advancing the warp by tucking one of Auggie’s stuffed animals under the front tension rod. It’s a simple solution to needing to make very small tension adjustments.
Sometimes simple is best!

I like to weave with this loom on my lap and it’s a quite comfortable size to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment