Monday, May 20, 2019

Dixie Caverns In VA

We have become more efficient in our morning routines and have been pulling out a few minutes ahead of our target departure time, even though it feels like we are moving slower. Bob and I are good and tired of these daily 4-5 hour drives and are looking forward to being stationary for a bit.

On Saturday we hit the rolling hills and mountains of Virginia, one of the most beautiful states in my opinion. Unlike our trip west last fall (where we had rain just about every day) we’ve had nothing but blue skies since we left San Antonio.

We arrived at Dixie Caverns Campground and I walked over to the antiques mall attached to the office where I spent a lovely hour perusing the stalls. Even though I didn’t buy anything I enjoyed looking.
Monday finds us heading to northern Virginia for our last night on the road. Getting close now!

No comments:

Post a Comment