Friday, May 3, 2019

Still Here

It has been a loooooong week. We are still at the repair shop in Odessa and will be here through the weekend, unfortunately. Our hoses have been replaced, which is good. As has the SCR, and I still don’t know exactly what that is but I’m not interested enough to Google it. As it turns out, we also needed another part called an ECR valve, which the shop had in stock but did not carry the pipe that connects the ECR valve to the doohickey...I know, I’m getting awfully technical here so I won’t bore you with further details. Suffice it to say, the pipe should arrive Monday.

One good thing is that the shop moved us closer to the outlet where we plug in. And because of that, we no longer need to use an extension cord and our AC works. Yay! That makes me a wee bit happier. It doesn’t take much.

I’ve done a little exploring and discovered a great little quilt shop called Betty’s Bobbin Box, where I found some fabric that coordinates nicely with the piece I purchased in Tucson at SAS Fabrics. I’m sewing myself a new purse and hopefully I will have it finished soon and I can show y’all a photo. I also visited 3 thrift shops in the area and found the local H-E-B grocery store, a Texas institution. So I am keeping busy. Bob, of course, always finds projects to do. I think he’s changing air filters tomorrow.

So here we sit. The repair guys have gone home for the weekend and we are watching the weather since we had one tornado warning this afternoon and more storms are moving through the area tonight. And tomorrow. And the next day and the next. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear of all your troubles. It makes my knee surgery recovery seem like a piece of cake. Okay, not so much, but I am home, and not in tornado alley. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete