Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Cheyenne, WY to Rock Springs, WY

I don’t have a lot to say about Cheyenne since it was only a one night stop. Cheyenne is a lot like Nebraska…flat lands. One issue we ran up against was that the park’s water pressure was higher than any park we’ve seen so far. It actually blew the valve off our hot water heater, so Bob had to go looking for a new one. It’s a good thing he’s handy! I don’t know how RVers manage if one of them isn’t a fixer.

I did finish knitting my washcloth, a pattern I found on Ravelry that’s called “Zinnia.” It’s very pretty but I wasn’t crazy about the process of making this one; a lot of yarn-overs and knit-two-togethers with very little plain stitch knitting. And constant counting. I guess I was just in the mood for something more mindless.

On Monday we left Cheyenne and travelled about 280 miles to Rock Springs, which is where we started seeing real topological changes.





We are staying at an event center in town, where we have the most wonderful views of the mountains.

This morning (Tuesday) Bob, Auggie, and I left the RV at 6:30 am to see some wildlife. The sun was just coming up as we drove.

Soon we turned off the highway to a dirt road that was well maintained, and started our 90 minute drive along Wild Horse Loop. We saw pronghorns, sage grouse, and finally, wild horses! It’s a beautiful drive and we did not see another car the whole way.




The scenery was lovely, too, with beautiful vistas.



On Wednesday we leave for Logan, Utah. We’ll be taking a route that avoids the fire just east of Salt Lake. City.





No comments:

Post a Comment