Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Rochester, IL

Even though I titled this post “Rochester, IL,” we really haven’t seen any of it. At this point we are picking up the pace of our travel and driving 3 nights, then resting a night, until we get to Idaho. We are keeping our “hops” between 200 and 250 miles a day so it’s not too bad, between 3 and 4 hours of travel a day. Bob and I are getting ready to leave within the hour for Hamilton, MO.

On our way here yesterday I took my obligatory state sign photo, and shot one pic of Illinois as we drove across it. Illinois is flat and most views are of large farmlands with a barn in the distance. It’s pretty scenery.


It has been hot; yesterday was 88 degrees and felt hotter, with lots of humidity, but it’s going to be 94 degrees in Hamilton. Time to get myself in gear so we can leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment