Thursday, August 12, 2021

Missouri Star Quilt Company

When I made campground reservations early this summer, I was focusing more on not having to drive long distances between stops, rather than on sightseeing along the way. Therefore, when we were approaching yesterday’s campground I was pleasantly surprised to see such a pretty little town only a half mile away from our day’s destination.

And then I saw the sign on the building. Missouri Star Quilt Company. Quilt murals. Twelve themed quilting shops. And I realized we were in a quilter’s Mecca.





We checked into our campsite and as soon as I could I waved goodbye to Bob and drove to check out the town. What a fun place! I do make quilts at times but our house is small and I have no wall space to display them, so quilting is not one of my top crafts. Even so, this place is a quilter’s dream, and I enjoyed walking through all the shops. It was a very hot day and the air conditioning inside was very welcoming as I browsed. I checked out J.C. Penney’s childhood home, too, which has been relocated from 2 1/2 miles away and set up as a tiny museum.

It was not air conditioned, though, so I didn’t stay long!

When I returned to the campground I discovered that there was an issue with the electrical service at our site and Bob was running the generator to keep the coach cool. By evening, Bob had figured out that we could run the front AC without circuits tripping, but not the one in the bedroom. We set up fans to blow cooler air towards our bed but it still was hot all night and neither of us slept that well. 

That’s ok, we are off to Lincoln, Nebraska today where we’ll stop for two nights.

On another note, today marks the seventh anniversary of the start of this blog, so happy blogiversary to me! It continues to be fun to write, and I hope to continue for many more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment