Friday, March 11, 2016

Mini Time Machine and Miniatures Museum

On Thursday Retha and I visited the Mini Time Machine and Miniature Museum in Tucson. Years ago when I was in college (for the first time) I built a Victorian style dollhouse. My daughter, Catherine has it and is saving it for her daughter one day.

I have been interested in miniatures all my life. As a child I loved looking at a case made by my great great Grandpa Wright, that depicted a fireplace scene.
My grandmother gave it to me, and I passed it on to my daughter. It had always been one of my most cherished possessions.

So it was with great anticipation that I entered the Mini Time Machine, and I was not disappointed. The Museum was founded by Patricia and Walter Arnell who began collecting in the 1930s. A few years ago the couple built a home for all of their treasures and opened it to the public. Here are some of my favorites.
This stately manor had a front that opened and closed, for a peek at the inside.
I was excited to see this craft room complete with a tiny loom and spinning wheel.
 The plaque on this one reads "Ships Quarters."
The sewing machine here is about 6" high, and a really tiny room has been built into it.
This room is labeled "The Boat Builder's Study at Lake Tahoe" and is amazingly detailed.
A diorama with a motorcycle gang visiting a Wild West town is shown here.
Precursors to the modern RV were also represented, each one being a horse-drawn wagon with living quarters.
 A gypsy caravan...
...and the White Caravan from Wind in the Willows.
The museum went on and on.There were so many beautiful rooms and houses that it was hard to choose which ones to show you! Here are three more; Cuppa Tea Shop, made from a purchased wall cabinet....
...this living room featured petit point upholstery and a hand beaded Christmas Tree....
...and last but not least, a little toy room filled with a variety of dolls.

Truly a magical place!

No comments:

Post a Comment