Saturday, February 6, 2016

Cone of Shame

Bob and I spent 12 hours trying to keep Auggie from shoving his paws into his mouth and ripping out his stitches before we decided he was going to need an Elizabethan Collar, aka an e-collar. Fortunately there was one available for us to borrow from Desert Haven that fit him perfectly. Of course, he hates it.
We have tried to tell him that this is only temporary, but I think it is going to be a long week for him. To a dog, this is the "cone of shame." It's rather humiliating for him.  I was able to stay home yesterday while Bob worked on special projects for the Shelter, and I went in to price merchandise at Paws and Claws Thrift Shop today instead. That way one of us was with Auggie at all times. Hopefully by Tuesday we will be able to leave him alone while we work.

We have had so much fun with our friends, Mike and Retha. This photo is from October when we met at the Living The RV Dream Gathering in Bradenton, FL.
They came over last night with a yummy chicken dish, and I made some dinner rolls and oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert. It was hard to have the evening end! Sometime you meet people and form an instant connection, and it was like that with these friends. They headed off to Tucson this morning for two months and we will make sure we meet up again with them in March.

I finished weaving my slipper fabric for the felted slippers I plan to sew. No, I did not abandon this project, although it has taken me a while to weave off this warp. Some warps are more fun than others, and I had to make myself sit down and weave some days, but it's done, and I have felted it. I love this cloth.
Here you can see the two sections of it. The first part has stripes, before I ran out of one of the colors and I finished it off as a solid. And it feels thick and soft. Hopefully I will finish these slippers this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment