Sunday, October 9, 2016

A Creative Weekend

Bob and have had a quiet couple of days in Crossville, in preparation to moving to Nashville, TN for a week. We spent the time working on projects, reading, and following pre-election news. One of my projects was the narrow pickup inkle band that I was weaving on my new Inklette loom.
I finished weaving it on Friday, and on Sunday I came across a break-away lanyard we had picked up on our travels. It had the perfect hardware to use with my band, so now I have a new name-tag holder for use at those parks that require them. I'm going to keep an eye out for freebie lanyards, so I can upcycle them using my handwoven bands.

Another project was this dime bracelet. This year Bob and I are each filling shoeboxes with gifts for two young teenagers through Operation Christmas Child, run by Samaritan's Purse, a Christian relief organization. I had this idea for a coin bracelet; I found some shiny dimes and asked Bob to drill holes in them for jump rings, then added a clasp.
I'm quite happy with the way that it came out, and think that it will make a great gift.  I may make some more of these.

It's been a long time since I've written about the Walmart Savings Catcher program. We do use Walmart for a lot of our groceries and supplies, and when we purchase something there I scan the receipts into a Walmart App. Walmart then compares their prices to prices of the same item at area stores. If the item is less expensive at a nearby store, they deposit the difference into my Savings Catcher account, and I transfer it to my Bluebird account where it may be spent at Walmart when the amount rises to a useable level. I had accumulated enough money to buy one of these little babies, so this weekend I bought it.
It's a Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker. My daughter, Kristen, has one that she uses almost every day for a quick breakfast for her boys on school days, and I thought Bob would enjoy some breakfast sandwiches. With less work for me. Win-win! Although, how much less work is yet to be seen since I insist on making homemade English Muffins for the sandwiches.
Ok, maybe breakfast sandwiches in our household are not a great timesaver, but, come on! There's NOTHING as tasty as homemade English Muffins. Bob doesn't get involved in my internal debate (time-savor vs taste) but he does enjoy my bread, so I'm happy to make it for him!

We can't wait to see our friends, Mike and Retha, tomorrow in Nashville. We are going to have a very fun week. :)




























No comments:

Post a Comment