Friday, October 28, 2016

Voting and Weaving

We arrived safely in Livingston, TX on Thursday, and settled right in to our campsite after stopping to get our vehicles inspected.  Doing the inspections on the way into town saves us from having to pack up the animals and the rig again an extra time to do it. And now we won't have to think about it for another year.

This campground is one of those places that has very few over-the-air tv stations. I think we get four, one of which is an all-Spanish station (our Spanish is very minimal, unfortunately,) and none of the others is a major network station. But that's ok--we have our Kindles! And people are super-friendly here so it's easy to find someone to talk with. Bob spent yesterday afternoon washing the motorhome and car, and making them shine.

This morning Bob and I went into town so hat he could vote. I was able to vote earlier via absentee ballot but Bob's went somewhere else by mistake. It's a good thing we came into town this week! The lines at the courthouse were longer than we thought they would be. I guess a lot of people are taking advantage of voting early. I'm sure just about everyone has made up their minds anyway on who they are going to vote for. Best to get it done!

We returned to the motorhome and I started to weave on my Sigga heddle band. My first thought was that I did not like these colors at all, so I stopped weaving after about 8" or so and set it aside. I was very close to just cutting it off the loom. But the band is growing on me a little and I think I'll finish it.

This project has been a challenge right from the start. When I pulled out my Stoorstalka Sigga heddle this week to use it for the first time, I saw that two of the dents were broken. So I found my Super Glue and repaired them, being careful to maintain the hole where the break occurred and the spacing of the broken dent to the ones next to it. So far the glue is holding so I'm hopeful there won't be any more problems. I'm using 3/2 cotton, with doubled pattern threads (yellow and green.) The Sigga heddle gives the capability to have blocks of long floats, quite easily. This band is about 2" wide, and I'm using my 12" Ashford Knitters Loom with the Sigga heddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment