Sunday, May 28, 2017

Saturday at the Fiber Fest

Despite gloomy weather forecasts, the sun kept trying to peek out from behind clouds yesterday. Crowds were heavy at times, and customers were buying. It was a very good day for buyers and sellers.

On Friday I posted a photo of one of the vendor areas that seemed far from ready, but by Saturday morning everything was in place. This photo was taken before the sales area was open. There are five buildings, with up to three aisles each, full of fiberlicious fun, as well as an outside vendor area. Plus sheep and alpacas to visit. It's a lot of fun to be camping here and see everything from the vendor's viewpoint. And I love waking up to the sounds of sheep in the morning.

This gal was very curious about the bag I was carrying, hoping for a treat, I am sure.

I managed to find some treasures to bring home. I got a dozen bone tablets for tablet weaving, yarn for an upcoming knitting project, and this delightful nano turkish spindle from my friend, Jen, at Turtlemade. Jen and her husband, Scott, have a 3D printer that they use to create the coolest spinning tools. I bought a micro spindle two years ago from them--they are great little spinners. And I love that you can mix and match to make your own color combination.

Today I will wander around the festival some more, we'll probably go grocery shopping, and we will get ready to be towed out of our muddy spot in preparation for tomorrow's trip to Pennsylvania. We plan to be at our daughter's house in NJ by Tuesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment