Friday, October 2, 2015

We Arrive in Bradenton

We are here!  We started planning this trip here back in February, I think, and here we are.  Our trip here from Payne Prairie Preserve State Park went smoothly, and we arrived at about 3:00. I walked into the clubhouse next to the office and there was Kathy Huggins, playing Bunco. We exchanged hugs before I went into the office to register and to meet her husband, John.  Another hug, and we were on our way to our site.

We have a nice pull through site, with a little shade and nice neighbors. We'll be happy here this month, I think!

So far what we have done is... spend money.  Last month our two year old printer died, and I have been researching our next one.  So after we got settled in, Bob and I drove over to WalMart and bought a new one. I got it set up this morning and it works great.

Later this morning we headed over to the Tampa IKEA to look for a lamp for my chair.  I found one I liked for $14.99, along with a rack to hold my baking pans ($3.99), a door mat ($7.99), a couple of $1.99 storage boxes, a bathmat (on sale, $7.99), and two folding chairs for when we want to have company for dinner, $14.99 each. A good haul, and everything was a bargain!

I spent a pleasant hour working on my double hole heddle band. A different pattern today.
This evening it had cooled off a little so we walked over to the "island" area here at the campground, where we can fish or put boats in.  There are supposedly manatees here, but we only saw a bunch of leaping fish.  I think Bob will dig out his poles and do a little fishing while we are here.

So, so far we are enjoying our new home and have met a few people.  Tomorrow we will go to John and Kathy's site for a Happy Hour and meet some more of the Living the RV Dream Gathering folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment