Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Funday Monday and Belgian Chocolate Tea

I figured out how to get a good workout in Water Aerobics, and that's to jog in place double-time rather than following the music. Such a simple thing, and it does the trick. The water felt so good, the sky was blue, and there were about 30 people in the pool for the class. Good times.

Several times a day we walk over to the dog park, which is a very social time. Rarely does it happen that there is no one there. Auggie gets to play with a buddy or two and the humans sit, talk, and watch for bowel activity from their charges. People are very responsible at this campground and I have not seen any unclaimed "presents" left by a dog. This is not always the case at other parks.

On Monday afternoons the park offers root beer floats for a buck, followed by a meeting. Our friends from Kofa and Congress, Judy and Bob, had arrived and sat with us, along with John and Zoe.  We enjoyed the company and the meeting.

I haven't had a root beer float since I was a child, and the memory takes me back to the days of visiting my grandfather. Poppy Jim was a pharmacist in Winsted, CT who owned a pharmacy with a soda fountain. Remember when drug stores sold ice cream and sodas? Whenever we visited Poppy Jim at work we got to sit on a stool at the counter and could order anything we wanted. Happy memories! We felt pretty special.

I love tea, and one of my all time favorites is Belgian Chocolate Tea from MySpiceSage.com. This tea is a rooibos blend with Cacao beans and has no caffeine. Caffeine makes me dizzy so I avoid it.  Years ago I picked up a couple of packages of tea filters from Whole Foods (I can't remember why I needed two packages!) and use them when I make a pot or very large mug of tea. Much neater than a tea ball and super-easy to use. I fold and staple the top to secure it. Have you seen these?



I think today we will go into San Diego and be tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment