Monday, March 9, 2015

Mesa Swap Meet

What we call a "flea market" in the New Jersey area is called a "swap meet" here in Arizona.  And Mesa has one of the largest ones in the state.  So of course we had to visit it!

The Mesa Market Place Swap Meet is located about 20 minutes from our campground, and is open from Friday through Sunday. My family and friends in NJ will know what I am talking about when I say that it looks like the inside portion of Columbus Flea Market in Columbus, NJ.  Except that the Mesa one goes on and on--it is really big. You can get anything here, and prices are pretty good. I picked up a magnetic bracelet, which is used by us old people for arthritis pain.  People in the campground swear by them so I thought I would give one a try.  I get a bit of stiffness in my knees at times.

This morning I joined in the 9:00 am water aerobics class, which was fun.  I'm not sure if it is aerobic, but it involved a lot of stretching which felt good.  The water is nice and warm and the women were friendly.  It was a nice time.

We saw a fellow riding his bike with a cat in his front basket today. Bob and I talked about getting a second basket, to put on his bike for K.C., but with his seizure issues quickly discarded that idea. We don't want to trigger a seizure in our little kitty!

This morning I extended our stay here for another three days. Then, we have been assured, the parts will be in for the motorhome and we can move to the repair shop for the work.  They have 50 amp hookups so we can run our AC and stay there for the weekend. I am sure we will miss our pool and dog park, but it is only temporary until the work is done.  We should be back on the road early next week.

My phone is not sending photos so I have used internet images today. Hopefully I can get that fixed tomorrow!  Apologies...

No comments:

Post a Comment