Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekend in Yuma

On Saturday I returned to the Verizon store and used their WiFi until all my new-phone-updating was finished, as well as obtaining the advice of any tech I could snag when I had a question. They were much more attentive the day before when I had my charge card out to make a purchase, but I persisted and got the help I needed. I love my new phone, and the Verizon hotspot is working beautifully.

On Sunday the wind began to blow, which I understand is typical of Arizona in the late winter. It didn't bother us except I had to wear my hat with strings to keep it on my head! The temperatures rose to about 93 degrees. Since the front of our coach is facing the sun Bob took a ride over to the flea market to purchase a roll of insulated foil blanket to put in our windows that don't have awnings. I stayed home to scan our tax documents into the computer so we can email them to our NJ tax preparer.  Next year's tax preparations should be much simpler!

It was a very easy job to cut the foil blanket for the windows and set it in place, to be held in place behind the shades that we have. We have already noticed a difference in the amount of heat coming through the glass, and this should help our electric bill.  This park charges for electricity, which is common down south where you need a lot of AC as well as occasional heat at night.

Bob and I took our usual afternoon dip in the pool and hot tub. Every time we go we start chatting with a person we had not yet met, and we are struck with the way that everyone is so friendly here. Haven't met a grumpy or standoff-ish person yet! On Sunday evenings here the park offers a social featuring a huge scoop of ice cream for $.75 (bring your own bowl and spoon) and features announcements of upcoming events. They also do a 50/50 which we happened to win ($23) so I will be running the 50/50 next week, per park custom. A nice way to meet people, so I look forward to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment