Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lowes and Wine

After struggling with a knot in my beading thread that wouldn't go away I decided to ditch the project and spin on my Turkish spindle instead today. I have decided that at this time in my life, beading is not for me.  It is good to know your limitations. I had a great time in the crafting group anyway today. What a great group of women. I offered to teach some classes next year when we come back to Kofa Ko-op, and look forward to it. And I learn so much from these folks.  Today I learned that if you take wine and whir it in the blender for 20-30 seconds it aerates it and makes it taste like it has aged another 5 years.  Something I will have to try.

Bob and I went to Lowes this morning before going to Walmart for some groceries. I find Lowes stores very disconcerting.  The layout of these stores is so similar to each other that I can imagine I am in the Lowes that was near our old home, and I become very homesick. It is as though I could walk through the front door and be instantly in Lumberton, NJ, close to my children and grandchildren. Very strange.

In less than a month we will be turning the motorhome around and starting to head East. Back our friends and family, to green forests and lush lawns instead of desert scenery. Bob and I have annual doctors' appointments scheduled for that first week in June so now we have a deadline to meet. We will only have 6 weeks to travel back across the country and that seems like a very short time. There is so much to see and a lot will have to wait until another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment