Monday, September 7, 2015

A Ride on a Trikke

What's a Trikke? I had never heard of one either, before last week when our friends Abner and Beatrice zipped past us last week on the way back from town. Although Trikke (rhymes with "bike") makes a human powered version, this was an electric vehicle capable of 18 mph and with a range of up to 25 miles.

I had to try it out!

Our friends gave us instructions on how to control the Trikke, which turned out to be quite easy.
Look at that grin on my face! We zipped around the campground a couple of times. It goes fast, and I never had it up to full speed. It's quiet, too, making only a soft whirring sound as it moves down the road. Auggie was a little concerned, and maybe wished he could ride along. Beatrice has a dog basket for their miniature pinscher but it wasn't attached to the Trikke for our ride.

Bob had a turn next and had a blast, too. I could feel my legs got a workout but my knees felt fine. That's a good thing. The Trikke has a ski-slalom type movement when you turn and uses muscles that haven't been used since my skiing days. It's been a lot of years since I've hit the slopes.

The Trikke would be a great way to sightsee, especially in a city That has limited car parking. It folds up like an umbrella stroller to take on a bus, and may be locked up like a bicycle if you go into a store or museum.

We aren't ready to spend the money yet, but maybe in a few months...we'll see! I think we would get a lot of use out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment