Wednesday, September 30, 2015

In the Jungle

On Tuesday we left at about noon, knowing that our drive to the next campground was less than three hours away. The rain was intermittent and light, causing no difficulties. We arrived at about 3:00 pm and parked in what feels like a jungle, with trees dripping Spanish Moss and palm trees everywhere.
Bob and I took Auggie on a walk around the park. My knees have gotten a little less stiff--there were a couple of days when I could barely hobble around the rig, I was in such pain. That was definitely my last lighthouse-climbing trip. My knees just can't take it and I'm lucky I didn't do further permanent damage.

We have one day here before moving on into Bradenton, FL for the month. Since Bob used to live less than a half hour from here, in Williston, today we are driving out to see the house that he built and owned before I met him. And since yesterday morning, before moving, I wound a warp for my Seidel Card Loom, I hope to warp today and start a new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment