Sunday, September 13, 2015

Southern Alabama

We left Saturday morning to head south, stopping overnight in Meridian, MS along the way. It was so nice to be back on the road! We had an uneventful traveling day and headed out this morning to the coast of Alabama where we will be for a week. We have a pretty view from our front window this evening.
Several years ago I purchased one oz of qiviut yarn at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Qiviut is the yarn from a Musk Ox and it is one of the softest (and priciest) yarns on the planet. There's not a lot you can do with one ounce of yarn and I wanted to use it for something special. The woman who sold it to me gave me a pattern for a lace cowl that was perfect. It took me three years to get the courage to start this. I had a false start in May, then picked it up a few days ago, ripped it back to the beginning and started again. I finished three days later, and here it is.



It is so soft and I know I'll wear it a lot this winter when I need just a little something around my neck.

Tomorrow we will get the bikes off the back of the motorhome and go exploring. Tonight we are just enjoying the serenity of a lovely evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment