Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sheep Coasters

We have had a lovely, relaxing weekend. Bob and I took a drive west along the coast on Frifay. The road passes little beach cottages on stilts and leads to the ferry to Mobile, AL. It was fun to imagine staying in one of those little cottages in the nice weather, but Gulf Shores gets some cold, windy winter weather, too. And hurricanes. Nope! Not for us! We'd rather avoid the cold and move our home to where the sun keeps shining!

Yesterday I pulled out my warping board and Baby Macomber loom and warped up some coasters to protect our new furniture. I've had this project in my weaving queue since 1990, when Handwoven published the draft (Mar/April of 1990, if you want to go look for it.)  Ten years ago I even purchased the yarn, and still I waited, somewhat intimidated by it.

And do you know what? I am thoroughly enjoying weaving these. My edges were a bit wonky at first but have improved. And I'm glad I increased the length of this warp by an extra yard because I'm having too much fun weaving them. Just look at how cute this is:
I'm enjoying it so much that I don't want to finish them. So I must pace myself lest I weave the whole warp off in one day and have to warp again.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to look the pattern up, and the loom. I'm not familiar. Those are SO ADORABLE !

    ReplyDelete