Thursday, September 3, 2015

We Trade our Dinette for Chairs

I know that my blog postings have not been consistent this week, but there has not been a lot happening on a daily basis. Today, however, I am happy to say that we have cleared the mechanics bay (jack replaced, odometer checked) and the only thing left is paint. Hopefully that will happen soon.

Bob and I went over to our new favorite place in town, McKinneys, to see if they would buy our booth dinette. This is what we bought the rig with, and I have hated it from day one.

It is difficult to open the big drawers underneath and was just not our cup of tea. The cushions have seen better days, that's for sure. It was time to get it out, and since we have a new freestanding dinette with computer workstation coming I wanted to see if we could do a deal. We needed some simple kitchen chairs and found two we liked. These are the Phaeton options:
We found two chairs that we really liked; they are sturdy, match our wood and have a flip-up seat with storage underneath.


I plan to weave new seats for them. McKinney had priced them at $125 each but was willing to trade them for our booth dinette. Yes!!

We drove the coach over to the shop and McKinney's workers took them away. We are one step closer to our freestanding dinette.

And boy, is our coach feeling roomy with furniture leaving! We are eating off TV tables at the moment.

To change the subject, my niece-dog Lily received her new collar in the mail that I wove for her many months ago, and she looks beautiful in it. I originally wrote about it here.

I think it complements her fur. My sister, Gail, says that Lily loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment