Monday, September 15, 2014

Spinners, Weavers, and Drumthwacket

I guess occasional rain is ok, right? On Saturday, despite threatening skies, our monthly spinners and weavers group gathered in Moorestown to have fibrous fun together.  Susan M., our guild coordinator, put on a great program showing the steps to prepare wool for spinning. Ellen T., who has taken over as Small Looms Group Coordinator, took it from there and demonstrated ways to use handspun by weaving it.  Since this will most likely be the last guild meeting for me until next June or so, it was bittersweet.  I have made really good friends in this group, and will miss them!

I invited all who were free after the meeting to come back with me to tour our motorhome, and eight people did just that. Some had never been in an RV before, and it was fun to show some of the little home-like qualities that we have in ours.

I remember the first time I was ever in a travel trailer. I was eight years old, and my Dad had surprised me and picked me up at school to take me to the New England Sportsman Show in Boston. We saw lots of rods and reels, boats and tents. But then, there was a travel trailer that we could walk through (we called them mobile homes back then.) What an eye opener! It was like a playhouse, with a tiny kitchen and bathroom, and a bed as well.  I knew right there that someday I wanted to live in one.  So my dream is coming true, and it is so much better than I dreamed of, so many years ago!

Another item on my bucket list has been to one day visit Drumthwacket, the NJ Governor's mansion. This weekend I Googled it, and lo and behold they are having an open house on Sunday, September 28, 2014.  I put our names in for it and we got a confirmation email--we are in! I can't wait!
For those interested, click here, and you can go, too.  They have openings at 11:00,12:00, and 1:00, as of this writing, and it is free.



No comments:

Post a Comment