Wednesday, February 25, 2015

In Which I Meet a Famous Author

This morning, on Day Two of helping with the Rally parking, I had a really neat experience. Have you read "Coast to Coast With a Cat and a Ghost"? It's a great story about a widow who bought an RV and drove across country all alone with her cat and a life size doll that looked like her deceased husband. I had read her first two books about a year ago and really enjoyed them.  As I was parking people today at the Rally I saw this woman's rig with a life sized doll of a man in the passenger seat and the image of a cat hanging from the tear view mirror. So I blurted out,  "Oh!  This looks like "Coast to Coast With a Cat and a Ghost!" and she said, "I wrote that book!" It was Judy Howard! Judy is teaching a seminar on writing here at the Rally, and I am looking forward to hearing her speak.  Note: I ganked this photo from the Internet.
After we finished our morning volunteer duties Bob and I went to the racetrack area to see the new rigs that were displayed. No, we are not in the market for a new one, but it is so much fun to look. This is the 2015 American Eagle coach, and it oozes luxury.
One more day helping to park RVs, then we have a day off.  And I have to find the drop off for my blanket I wove for the Linus Project. Another fun day tomorrow!


1 comment: