Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Breaking Bad And Finished my Bag

Bob and I enjoyed all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad before its conclusion, and today we decided to visit a few of the locations where scenes were shot in Albuquerque. We had a lot of places to choose from, some more obscure than others, but in the end we settled for a few of our favorites.
Walt and Skyler's home is in an average looking neighborhood. I wonder what the owners think about people gawking at their home all day.

Hank and Marie's house is at the end of a cul de sac in a gorgeous development, nestled at the base of a mountain range. All the homes in this area are drool-worthy, and the house next door to Hank's house is for sale. Almost makes me want a house.

Remember when Jesse inherited his parent's house? This one was a little harder to locate but we persisted, and it was worth it. Set in Old Town, the historical district, Jesse's house sits among other historical homes, disturbed only by the tour busses that drive by. And by people like us, of course, who stop to take pictures.

Saul's office is now a Sinners and Saints Bar and Grill, and if you look closely at the photo you can see the word "Saul" in the window, a nod to the show I presume.
Finally, we have the car wash where Walt and Skyler laundered their drug money. It is no longer A-1 Car Wash, but looks pretty much the same as on the show.

After driving around all morning seeing the sights, Bob and I stopped into Mimmo's, a little Italian restaurant that our neighbors in the campground (Ron and Kathy) recommended to us. Boy, was that good food! We enjoyed their lunch buffet with to-die-for lasagne.

Last night I finished my bag! I am so pleased with the way it turned out.
I loop-braided a cord to hold the flap down and put a zippered pocket inside. I think I'll get a lot of use from it.



2 comments:

  1. your bag looks great ! There is a great place, Owl Bar and Cafe. I have never been to the location in Albuquerque, only the original in Socorro. Best green chili cheeseburger I have had. My inlaws live in T or C. New Mexico is one of my favorite states. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words about my bag, Ellen! I have never had a green chili cheeseburger--if there is time I would love to stop in and try it. :)

      Delete