Monday, April 20, 2015

The Grand Canyon

This was a place that has been on my "bucket list" since I knew what one was. The Grand Canyon! Two billion years in the making, 277 River miles long, up to 18 miles wide in areas, and a mile deep.  Photos just do not do it justice. I took lots anyway.

Bob and I left the campground with Auggie at about 8:00 am, and it was an hour and a quarter trip from where we were staying. As we drove, we admired the tall Ponderos Pines that grow in this area. By the time we arrived at the Visitors Center it was warming up. We had no need of our jackets after about an hour or so.

Bob and I walked along the Rim Road, which is paved and offers fabulous views. We stopped to take a "selfie."
I kept snapping photos, with each vista more lovely than the last. We were on the South Rim, but you can see the North Rim, 10 miles away.




Auggie enjoyed the area, making friends with some mules in a paddock. He was happy to finally make it back to the car, though, and fell asleep on the way home.
We all agreed that the Grand Canyon is a very magical place. 

1 comment: