Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Update on Distiller and We Move to Gallup, NM

Back in March I wrote about our purchase of a distiller and I wanted to give an update. We just love this appliance. While we have a "whole house" filter, and campground water is supposed  to be potable, I have used a reversed osmosis filter for the past 35 years and am used to good water.The Megahome Water Distiller that we purchased from Amazon has been wonderful. It does heat up the coach a bit while it's working. Not a bad thing in the winter when the heat is on anyway but in the summer we may want to use it outside. We find that running it while we sleep is the best. The fan is pretty quiet but we can still hear it if we are watching TV. We don't notice it otherwise.

The residue left behind varies according to where we are. In Jojoba Hills Escapee Resort we hardly had any residue at all. When we were at the Root 66 RV Park, the bottom of the distiller looked like this after the cycle, and it was spotlessly clean before I put water in it:

I don't know if you can see without clicking on the photo, but there are gobs of pasty stuff in there. All that would go into our bodies if we had been drinking water from the tap.

So I am very pleased with our distiller!

Today (Wednesday) was a moving day for us, and we headed for the Gallup, NM area. I had a chance to talk on the phone with daughter Emily before we left, and afterwards I relayed to Bob that she's been out straight all week. He had no idea what I meant. So I Googled the expression and it turns out that the expression "out straight" is a New England term, which makes sense because I was born and raised there and I heard it often growing up. I assumed everyone used it. It means, for all you non-New Englanders, "very busy."

I love regional dialectal differences! Here's a link I found to some more New England expressions if you want to read more.

Our trip to the next campground was uneventful.  We passed some pretty scenery along the way to New Mexico, losing an hour as we crossed the border.

We arrived at our campsite to discover a beautiful view out our front window.

We plan on staying here for two nights. It's a nice spot.



No comments:

Post a Comment