Thursday, April 2, 2015

Interweave Sale Woes

Wednesday was a quiet day for us. I was excited to see a sale code for Interweave in my mailbox. Interweave is a company that produces magazines and books in print and digital format for fiber arts and beading, and also produces video classes. It's nice to be able to add to my library digitally and not add weight or bulk to the closets! This coupon was for the Interweave store for 50% off an item, and I had been eyeing a download on Boutonee weaving (don't ask me what that is--I have to learn myself!) which would only be $8.49 at half off. I spent almost an hour trying to buy it online but Interweave's server was running soooooooooo sloooooooowly. A call to their customer service line placed me on hold with an annoying song replaying repeatedly for five minutes, before telling me to leave a message and they'd get back to me next day. Nuh uh, I was not going to lose that sale price--they've done that to me before! So I kept redialing, and after repeatedly redialing for another half hour I suddenly got a live person. She was unfortunately also on the same server and it took over thirty minutes to place my order. What kind of a system is that? I mentioned that these sales probably caused more ill will for her company than they realized, and she agreed with me. But I rejoiced that I was probably one of twelve people whose order got through so I was a happy camper. ;)

As all this was happening I was changing into my bathing suit, walking down to the pool, and then sitting in the hot tub with my phone until all was completed. I made my class just in time to have a great workout. Sweet!

Bob and I puttered around the rest of the day, attending the ice cream social in the afternoon and checking out the woodcarving class afterwards. We gave all of our woodcarving tools to son in law Anthony before we left town so we may be buying new ones if we take up a new hobby. Unless he isn't using them. We will ask when we get back to NJ.

We also did a lot of walking. These hills (and the swim classes) are good for building up my knee muscles and I'm starting to feel a little more strength in them I think.

Today--more sightseeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment