Sunday, April 19, 2015

Winslow, AZ and Weaving a Bag

On Saturday we took a drive to fulfill a dream of Bob's which was to be standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. You remember that song by The Eagles, "Take it Easy," right?  Lo and behold, there is actually a Standin' on the Corner Park at the corner of N Kinglsey Ave and W Second St (formerly Rte 66.) The park, which opened in 1999, features a statue by Ron Adamson of a man standing with a guitar and a trompe l'oeil mural by John Pugh. A flatbed Ford sits in front of the statue.
On the opposite corner from the statue is a store devoted entirely to "Take it Easy," Winslow, AZ, and Rte 66. There were a lot of people inside, all about our age.  Rather funny!

I popped into an antique store next to the park and found a very nice copper bracelet for $5. The cheapest I have found new in a similar style has been $20, so I am happy. I love a bargain.  From there we went to McDonalds to use their WiFi and to allow our computer to update Windows.  It took about an hour, but saved a lot of data on our monthly WiFi allowance.

The day was sunny and warm, in the low 70's and just lovely. But when we returned to the RV park the wind started to pick up and we ended up going back inside to avoid the sand and dust whipping in our faces. That's OK, I have been working on a weaving project and was happy to play with my yarn. I am weaving cloth for a bag out of cotton flake yarn, in a pickup pattern of 3/1 lace stripes, on my Ashford Knitters Loom. Those who are on Ravelry may check out my project page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment