Friday, April 17, 2015

Making Lists

It's good to do a self-check every so often.  I found this image on the Internet this week and it made me think.
I think I am pretty much on track. Things that make me happy include spending time with Bob, seeing new things, being creative, weaving, reading, and traveling. Other things like spending time with my children and grandchildren are on the list as well, but because our childrens' lives are so busy, when we lived nearby we only got together every once a month or so. A friend once said to me that I could have whatever I wanted in life, I just couldn't have everything at the same time. It has proven to be true. We are really looking forward to be able to spend time with the family on our extended visit home this summer.

Speaking of that, we have tentatively decided on our course home (which is always subject to change!)
Our trip will also include some side trips along the way that are not on the map, but this should be the general route. Every so often I check the total amount of time it would take if we were to just rush home and at this point we are one day and 7 hours away from NJ. Hard to believe we could be home that fast if we absolutely had to be.

Thursday we moved from Desert Diamond Distillery in Kingman, AZ to Holbrook, AZ.  K.C. handled the 4 hour trip well without wearing the Thunder Shirt, so that is an improvement. He seems much more relaxed with his new carrier.

The topography kept changing as we moved across the state.  It went from rolling desert hills to forest with tall Ponderosa Pines to prairie where we are now.  We look out our window and it looks like Oklahoma to us (not that we have seen OK yet!)

Today we are visiting the Petrified Forest and I am really looking forward to it. We plan on three days in this campground before moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment