Thursday, June 4, 2015

Colonoscopy Day

I know that colonoscopies are necessary to detect colon cancer, so today I went for my second one (first was 8 1/2 years ago.) I sailed through the fasting portion without difficulty. Then I started the Colyte prep. I told the doctor this morning that it was much easier the last time, when the prep was finished in the evening. However, the split prep, where half the solution is taken the evening prior to the colonoscopy and half on the morning of the procedure, was tough. I was not able to get all two quarts down this morning but I guess I got enough because I was cleaned out. TMI? Probably. I got a clean bill of health though, and that's the important thing! I told the doctor that she needs to invent a laser scanner before my next one is due in ten years. She said she'd work on it. I like my doctor.

Actually, all the staff were very nice at Gastroenterology Consultants of South Jersey, and I do recommend them. They were fascinated with our lifestyle on the road, and had lots of questions for me. Everyone, of course, asks how we get our mail--that's the number one question that people want to know (we have a mail forwarding service through Escapees that sends it to us whenever we ask and to wherever we are.)

The rest of today has been spent resting up after a sleepless night, so this will be short today. I'm sure you understand, dear blog reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment