Monday, June 8, 2015

Creative Day

Today was a day chock full of creativity. Daughter Catherine came over with little Jillian, and I taught Catherine how to crochet. She did really well, and I am excited for her. Next step will be to get her on Ravelry, but that will come :)
After Catherine went home I pulled out my sewing machine and finished a couple of projects. I sewed the flat braid I made last week on my marudai into a dog leash. I think it looks nice with the flag inkle band I made for Auggie a few months ago.
I then decided to make a Japanese Knot Bag. Kitkatknit on Ravelry posted this link to the pattern and instructions and I found it to be a quick and easy bag to make. I used some of my handwoven fabric that had been sewn into a vest last year. The vest was not particularly flattering and I came close to donating it to Goodwill. When I saw the Knot Bag pattern I decided to repurpose the vest fabric. I'm glad I did--it's a cute bag.

I even had the lining fabric on hand in my stash. Serendipitous, eh? I can see this as a great knitting or spinning bag.

Daughter Kristen and family were notified today that they have been approved as adoptive parents of an adorable French Bulldog mix puppy. Hopefully they will take a drive up to Massachusetts this weekend to pick him up. Excitement is running high here!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful your granddaughter is crocheting ! Your bag is great, will match your turkish spindles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellen! You're right, it will look good with my pink spindle, "Floyd!"

    ReplyDelete