Monday, August 10, 2015

Family Party in Rhode Island

Whats better than a family cookout near the ocean on a nice summer day? Nothing! Bob and I picked up Cheryl and George and drove down to Portsmouth, RI for a family day. My sister Wendy and DH Bill have a beautiful home with a water view in one ove the prettiest areas on God's green earth. We sat by the pool and caught up with everyone.
The "sistahs" had fun fixing up the eats while my nephew Stefan goofed off behind us.

Here's a photo of me chillin' with my bro, Jim. 

We didn't want to leave! But at 6:30 we headed back to our snug little home, to get ready for Monday's move back to NJ. We had hoped to spend some time with my nephew and his wife, Eric and Amy, on the way south but schedules did not mesh, unfortunately. Next year!

So we bid a fond farewell to Massachusetts and our New England family. We have enjoyed staying at the Boston Minuteman Campground and would come back here again.

We always dislike going through the NYC area, whether we are driving our MH or just a car. But it takes quite a bit of planning in the MH. This time we have decided to go the following route:

84 S through Hartford, CT
91 S to Meriden, CT
691 W
684 S
I 287 W across Tappan Zee Bridge
24/78E
95S
22S
NJ Turnpike S

This route will avoid 95 across George Washington Bridge which is a very congested, very scary route through the Boroughs of NYC. We will also be avoiding the Garden State Parkway which, while we have done it, has restrictions against large vehicles. I'm a bunch of nerves the whole way on the GSP.

I'll post tomorrow how this route worked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment