Sunday, August 23, 2015

Weekend

On Friday a friend I had met from Ravelry, Sally, came over to spin on my TurtleMade micro Turkish spindle. We had a nice time getting to know each other and making some yarn. Afterwards she and her husband, Tom, took us to a buffet seafood restaurant in Belmont, MS. $14,95 for all you could eat, including dessert. The buffet featured catfish, frogs legs, fried chicken, fritters, and shrimp. It was yummy! And with several pies to choose from for dessert, no one left hungry.

Saturday morning we had made plans with new friends Skip and Gloria to go to Sparks, a local place that had a very nice breakfast. This was also in Belmont. I may have to dig out some larger clothes, with all the eating out we've been doing! Later in the day Bob and I drove back to Tupelo, MS to Joann Fabrics for yarn to make a couple of hats. My daughter, Emily, saw pictures of eyeball slouch hats and asked me to crochet one for each of her girls. It will be a good project to have for when we are in the service waiting room tomorrow.

We have had a lot of comfortable days with intermittent rain, but that weather pattern appears to have moved on. After some very hard rain last night and this morning the air has dried out and now we have heat. We did expect heat, coming to Alabama in August, though.

All afternoon I have seen one rig after another pulling in to the campground. We are probably just about full now, so people will have to camp in another spot down the road.

Tomorrow Bob and I will be delivering our motorhome to the tile guy, Daniel, for two days. I'll let you know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment