Monday, August 17, 2015

Towels are Finished and Service is Moving Forward

Today was a more relaxing day than yesterday, that's for sure! We had several people stop by our rig today. One was a man whose job it is to check for slide-out floor issues and roof leaks. I heard footsteps on our roof and then there was a knock at the door. "You need to have your slide-out floor replaced, but your roof is fine," he announced as he handed me a piece of paper to stick on the windshield. It was a recall for coaches between 2008 and 2012.

Ok. That wasn't even on our list of worries but I'm glad we are taking care of it!

Then Luke stopped by to go over our list and see what might be covered by our extended warranty. It's his job to contact the warranty people.

Then Norris came in and looked at things, telling us that we were looking at a 2 1/2 week wait before work would start. And he contacted the floor guy, Daniel, for us. Daniel dropped over shortly after that to go over options. We are having the grodey carpet replaced and tile put down in the bedroom, with fresh (nicer quality) carpet where we have to have it.

Between all those visitors I was finishing the last of the weaving on my Bronson Check Dishtowels. I was so excited about them that I washed and dried them and sewed them up. Usually it takes a while before I totally finish a project because the finishing is my least favorite step of the process. Not today!
Those of you on Ravelry may read my detailed project notes here.

After lunch Bob and I drove down the road to check out the local carpet store. I was disappointed we couldn't use a Berber carpet in the motorhome (because Berber will catch on a slide out and cause a "run") but we found a nice thick low pile style we both liked.  We will finalize the deal tomorrow and should have the floor done next week if all goes well.

As Bob and I were walking Auggie tonight we saw a huge rainbow over the campground. Nicest one I've ever seen, I think.
It was a nice end to this busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment