Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Band is Finished

When I took my finished band off the loom I was a bit concerned to see one edge tighter than the other, causing it to curve. But a brief (ten minute) soak in warm soapy water followed by a rinse got rid of the tension issue, leaving it nice and flat.
A quick press with a hot iron and it was done, and I am very pleased with it. My next project will be a  white Tencel scarf, woven on my 12" Ashford Knitters Loom. 

Today Bob and I visited my daughter, Emily, and her lovely family before picking up my new eyeglasses (and replacement lenses for Bob.)  These glasses are a new look for me but my vision is so much better with them. 
I can remember the first time I got glasses, when I was in the fourth grade. I looked around in wonder, seeing details on the leaves on trees I had never seen before. I felt a little like that today. Everything looks so crisp and sharp. A wonderful thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment