Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Happy Birthday to Bob

On Saturday, we helped Bob celebrate his birthday. Kristen whipped up some homemade pound cake, and because it was so hot in her kitchen, baked it in the motorhome's convection oven.  K.C. really liked the way it smelled after the cake came out of the oven, and I had to watch him very carefully to be sure he stayed away.
He did get a little piece after we cut into it, and he thoroughly enjoyed it, as did we all. Yum!!
Bob and I went out to lunch to a wonderful little Mexican restaurant called Mariachi San Lucas.
We felt like we were in Mexico, it was so good.

I've been working every day on my Tencel scarf and although it is a slow weave, I'm enjoying it. Maybe by this weekend I'll have a finished scarf to show you.

This past winter I gave away my tiny rice cooker to a fellow workamper when we were at Desert Haven Animal Refuge, and truth be told, I have missed that little appliance. Not that I begrudged giving it to someone who needed it, but there were times when I missed the convenience of  that little pot. It was not the first rice cooker I've given away. When we went on the road I gave Kristen my 10-cup "fuzzy logic" Zoshirushi rice cooker since there was no space in the motorhome for one so big, and she has been using it a lot. So yesterday when I was at Wegman's grocery store and saw a simple "on-off" Zoshirushi rice cooker I decided to get it. And I love it.
My new rice cooker is a six-cup one, much smaller than the "fuzzy logic" one yet big enough to cook more than just rice. I've been having a lot of fun finding recipes that should work with it, and have already made brown rice in it. It's going to be a great addition to my RV kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment