Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hanging with Friends

On Monday Bob and I drove to the Jersey shore to spend some time with Bob's long-time friends: Kevin and his wife, Maureen, Keith, Bill, and Tim. Bob has known these since he was quite young. It was a great way to spend an afternoon; the ocean view setting was amazing and I got to hear all about Bob's childhood antics. Listening to the stories I started to think that it's pretty incredible that these guys survived their teen years, let alone became fine, upstanding members of the community.

Gives hope to all those parents out there with difficult children, actually. :)
We look forward to seeing these folks again next year.

On Tuesday I took daughter Catherine and her three year old Jillian to Ikea. There's just something about that place that I love, and I try and go at least once a year. This trip I picked up a "dress form" that collapses into a flat pancake, for $5. It will be a nice backdrop for photographing my handwoven creations.
Im always amused at some of the things I find at IKEA, like stuffed toys shaped like rats or broccoli.
"I want a broccoli doll!" (said no child, ever.)

My current weaving project on the loom is a cotton plaid fabric that will become a new purse, since my Japanese Knot Bag is becoming worn.
Japanese Knot Bag

New fabric on the loom

I'm weaving this on my 12" wide Ashford Knitters Loom, so the bag will be in panels. 

Hang in there, dear readers! We will be on the road again in a week so I'll be able to share some new areas! We finally made up our minds where we want to go next and have reservations near the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. We will also be attending the Hershey RV Show in September, billed as the largest RV show in the country. 





2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Laurice we look forward to being able to visit Minnesota! One day we will, for sure.

      Delete