Friday, September 2, 2016

Girls With Glasses

On Wednesday Bob and I went over to daughter Emily's house to babysit our sweet granddaughters, Quinn (age 5) and Eve (age 3.) Quinn just got her first pair of glasses and is so excited about them. Eve was a wee bit jealous, so Emily let her wear some no-lens glasses, too.
Aren't they adorable?

We had a grand time playing "Mall Madness," a board game from the last century that features an electronic voice that offers sales and clearance notifications as you make your way around the board. The purpose being to buy as much as you can. Hmmmm... not sure this is a great message to give to the kiddos. We'll have to have a talk about materialism one of these days. 

It was still a fun time. :)

Thursday was raining off and on so I decided that it was a good day to set up my sewing machine for a project. You see, I had this pillow I purchased from the Sleep Number store that just wasn't working for me. It was filled with memory fiber, which shifts during the night and became less supportive in the wee hours of the morning. I decided I'd rather have a lumbar support pillow instead, but SN didn't have the shape I wanted. So I opened up a seam and pulled out all the memory fiber.
It filled a kitchen-sized trash bag. Yikes, that's a lot of stuffing! I was able to use the original pillow fabric for the new lumbar pillow. I cut two pieces, 22" X 13" which allowed a 1/2" seam allowance. After sewing around (leaving a 5" opening,) I turned it right sides out and stuffed it with as much memory fiber as I could. It took a lot.
I then sewed an envelope pillow cover out of some hand dyed, handwoven fabric I had woven many years ago. It was perfect for the pillow. K.C. approved my efforts and wanted to be in both photos.
I love this new pillow, and it feels so good behind my back. I still have some memory fiber left for another project, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment