Saturday, September 17, 2016

Little Projects

We have had a nice couple of days here in Beavertown, PA, relaxing and catching up on little projects before moving south. The campground here is full of RVs that are used as seasonal vacation spots and are empty during the week, so we have had a lot of peace, quiet, and privacy.

We sent these photos to TechnoRV this week of the mounting set up Bob has devised for our wifi booster tube. He attached it to two pieces of PVC pipe that screw together and make a long pole for mounting the booster on the ladder of the coach.

In these photos you can also see the brackets that Bob added to the pole, which serve to keep the cord nice and neat for storage and also allow the pole to hook onto the ladder when we are boosting our wifi signal in a campground. All materials only cost about $25 or less from Home Depot.

I finished weaving my inkle band this week, all 14 feet of it! I will have enough for two leashes, or one leash and trim for another project. I'll be weaving a slightly wider piece for a coordinating dog collar.
I've also been adding comfort to my Harrisville Designs weaving bench. It can be set up as just a flat bench or for the seat to rock when weaving, which is a more comfortable way for me to sit. I recently added an IKEA sheepskin pad, but then got the idea to put a Tempurpedic pad under that. So now I lay down some nonskid pad first (I use Dycem) so there's no slippage, then a 1" thick Tempurpedic pad, then the sheepskin.
Oh my, what a difference! The Tempurpedic pad came from a knee wedge that I no longer use. I separated the memory foam layer from the foam cushion by grabbing the memory foam and pulled--it just peeled it away. I actually had enough for two layers of memory foam but that didn't feel right so I'll save the second piece for another project. I'm sure I can find a use for it.

It's time for us to hit the road now. We will be making two one-night stays until we get to Pigeon Forge, TN where we will be for one week. Dollywood, here we come!



No comments:

Post a Comment