Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Gulf Shores, AL

October 28, 2014

We had an uneventful trip to southern Alabama on Saturday, and were greeted by a very friendly man when we arrived  we are staying at a park owned by the Escapees, an RV group that prides itself on friendliness and support. I must say, this is absolutely the friendliest park we've ever stayed in.  Virtually everyone waves and most people stop to chat as you pass them. Most people here live full time on the road, and they are a wealth of information on all subjects pertaining to the RV lifestyle. 

On Monday we went for a drive with Auggie to see the Gulf of Mexico. We were unable to find a beach that would allow us to take him on it, but I went down to dip my toes in by myself.  The water is beautiful and colder than I expected.  Still not as cold as the ocean at the coast of New England or New Jersey!

We met a lovely couple about our age who were on a driving trip around the US for their honeymoon.  We took their picture for them and they took ours. 

I want to go back to the beaches before we leave for TX on Saturday-- sure hope there's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment