Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sewing Projects

I had a list of sewing projects to complete yesterday.  First off, we needed a curtain for the bathroom window, so that we could have privacy when the window was open, or when the shade was up. I picked up this fabric a few days ago and it was perfect for what I had in mind.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  A tension rod holds it in place.
Next up was hemming three wash cloths from a sample I had woven.  Pretty!
And last, I wanted a "stealth bag" that Auggie could fit into.  He hangs his head out of the bag and settles right down in this.  I decided to simply make an outer cover for the canvas bag I had been using, since I knew the bag was the right size and because I wouldn't have to make or purchase straps for it.  This fabric was on clearance for $3, and I bought a piece of black nylon mesh to top it.  A drawstring closes the opening, and even with his head hanging out, Auggie is somewhat camouflaged. He seems to enjoy being in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment