Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Weaving and Smoke Pork Butt With Rib Rub

October 29, 2014

There are so many activities at the clubhouse here, you could keep busy with them all day, seven days a week.  Socials, exercise, music jams, cards, beading, dominoes... The list goes on and on.

Yesterday I felt like warping up one of my rigid heddle looms, so I took one down for the a Stitch n Bitch hour. Unfortunately, no one showed up, so I joined an exercise class that was also scheduled.  It was a nice half hour, easy exercises but they felt good after not having moved much in the past few days.  Afterwards a woman did come to SnB so I warped up my loom and she watched while we chatted. It was a very pleasant time, my loom is now warped, and I have a new friend.

After lunch Bob set up the smoker to smoke a pork butt we had purchased and cut into three pieces.  Two went into the freezer for another week. It took just a couple of hours and I must say, it was the best meat I've ever had. We used our Cameron smoker which is small but holds plenty of meat for four servings or more.  It was so juicy and flavorful.  We use a rib rub I found on the Internet a long time ago, and it is a favorite.  You make up a mixture in a small bowl.

                                             Rib Rub

1/2 tablespoon of each of the following:
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Ground black pepper
Ground cumin
Chili powder
Brown sugar

        plus
3/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon Paprika
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Stir together and rub all over ribs or brisket.  I use it all and make it fresh each time. It is spicy and oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment