Monday, November 24, 2014

And Then We Passed on Friday!

Ok, today was a much better day! We studied hard and headed over to the DPS a little after eight am. The nice woman at the front desk remembered us from the day before and gave us lots of encouragement before retaking the written class B test.  And we both passed! Now our brains are full of such important information as the maximum width of a cotton-transporting vehicle with special permits, yet we weren't sure if TX drivers could talk on a cell phone while driving. Turns out we can but not in a school zone. Funny the things that TX thinks is important for us to know!

After returning home, my sister Gail picked me up to have an afternoon of girl time. I got two pairs of jeans in a consignment store in Temple, then stopped for lunch at a wonderful Mexican restaurant in Belton, overlooking a river.  There are several antique stores in town and we scoured a couple of them for treasures.  I got myself a coffee cup since I only had two and it's nice to have an extra.  By 3:30 we decided to call it a day and save the other antique stores in town for another day. 

The weather cooperated with threatening skies but no rain, and temperatures in the high 60's.  I could get used to this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment