Monday, November 3, 2014

Speak, Auggie!

Monday November 3, 2014

We traveled a little over 300 miles yesterday, from The Escapees Park in Summerdale, AL to New Iberia, LA.  It would have been a pleasant ride except for the bumpy route I-10 that we were on for hours, ka-chung, ka-chung, ka-chung.  We look forward to seeing a bit of Louisiana since we will be here for three nights. Sure are pretty sunsets here.

There's not a lot more to talk about today so I am turning the keyboard over to our dog, Auggie. This is his perspective.

I live in a magic bus.  I know busses, because I used to live in the city of Philadelphia before Mom and Dad found me. They are big, scary-sounding things that people ride in.  Our bus isn't so scary, and we are the only ones who ride in it; Mom, Dad, and that CAT they call K.C. Ooh, I'd like to show that CAT what's what......but I digress.

Our bus is magic because when we get inside, the walls move out and it gets so big that we can live in it.  Mom even has room to set up her "loom".  I still haven't figured the appeal of that thing, but she likes to sit and step on it and make noise with it.  Humans.  Go figure.

The other reason our bus is magic is that sometimes the walls move inward and the space gets small. Mom and Dad put me on a short leash on the couch where I have my bed and monkey doll and I have to sit there for hours while the bus rumbles and trees and houses move past us. When this stops, IT LOOKS DIFFERENT outside! Smells different, too. I don't know how the bus does it, but what can I say? It's magic.

Mom and Dad like to take me for lots of walks now, and boy is that fun! You wouldn't believe all the dogs I meet and get to play with.  I get to go other places, too, like dog parks, the grocery store and Walmart.  When I go in stores I ride in this little bag Mom made for me, and people don't even see me!  It's like I'm invisible or something.

 I like the bag. It's way better than being left alone with no one but the CAT to talk too.  He's not the best conversationalist, if you know what I mean.

Mom says she's not going to walk too close to the pond that's here, because there might be an alligator in it.  Not sure what that is, but it sounds scary so I'll pass on meeting one, thank-yew-very-much. I hear there's lots to see and do here, and I can't wait to see and do it all.

Well, that's about it for now.  Time to go outside and pee on a tree.  I know, it's a rough life but someone has to live it!


No comments:

Post a Comment