Monday, November 3, 2014

Hobby Lobby and Big Daddy's Grill

Friday October 31, 2014

On Thursday I took a drive into Foley, AL to visit a Hobby Lobby and check out their yarn selection.  I found it very much like Michaels Craft Stores, which abound in NJ.  I was able to find some 85% bamboo, 15% silk worsted weight yarn that I just had to try out on my loom.  I also picked up a magnetic door stop for the bathroom door.  Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my iPad to upload yesterday's blog.  I'm looking forward to having wifi again in our next campground. 

Today Bob and I went to Big Daddy's Grill, a place that was highly recommended by a fellow camper. We sat outside on the deck by the Fish River, and enjoyed baskets of seafood with hush puppies, onion rings, and sweet potato fries.  It doesn't get much better!  Bob and I eat 99.9% of our meals at home, so it's nice to go out once every couple of months.

In the afternoon I warped up my 12" wide Ashford Knitters Loom with a pale blue bamboo/silk yarn I had bought yesterday, and wove it all at once.  The whole scarf, from warping to weaving, took under 2 1/2 hours.  Another half hour for twisting fringe and it was done.  I love this yarn with its silkiness and sheen.  I used a variegated weft which made a nice design. Sometimes it's just nice to weave and not think about color changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment