Friday, December 19, 2014

Dish Cloths

A few years back I taught myself to knit. One of the things I enjoyed knitting in those early days was dish cloths.  I found that they were perfect learning projects, quick to produce and a good way to learn new stitches. I also enjoy using them for dishes or face cloths, depending on how bulky they turn out.  Yesterday I spent a few happy hours making this one.
It has a seed stitch border (knit one, purl one to end, finishing with a knit stitch. Then knit the purl stitches and purl the knit stitches,) and an inner lace border.  It has been a while since I knit lace, so I had to fuss with it a bit (in other words, rip it back a couple of times) until I got it right, but I did get it. I like the pattern; it is a bit of a challenge which I enjoy but is not hard if you have done any lace work before.

A good learning piece.

I figure I'll whip up a dish cloth when I have a couple of hours and use them if I need a quick gift, since I have lots of dishcloth cotton in my stash.

The pattern may be found here: http://com.yarnspirations.pattern-pdfs.s3.amazonaws.com/Lily_SugarnCreamweb124_kn_blanket.en_US.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment