Monday, December 8, 2014

Our Weekend

I'm sitting here listening to a coyote yipping--what a cool sound!

Our weekend passed in a blur.  On Saturday Bob and I went on a long bike ride with Auggie in his new basket.  I'm getting better at steering safely with the extra weight on the handlebars, and Auggie was in heaven.  This is his kind of transportation!

Later we got together with my niece Michelle and her fiancé Danny at their lovely home. Bob and I loved the Spanish style of their house, with a courtyard, a great room with soaring ceilings, and a large, private backyard pool. I've never seen a house like it.

After dinner we went for a swim and a soak in the hot tub, then decided to call it a night. It had been a busy day, to be sure.

On Sunday the weather was damp and warm, with temperatures in the high 60's. I started a new weaving project, a poncho for my granddaughter Jillian.  I love how it is coming out, but I'm going to wait to show pictures.  It was a good day to weave, and I worked on the dish towels I had started, too

Later we went to the grocery store, then to a  surprise 70'th birthday party for our next door "neighbor" Brian. Everyone brought a dish to share and there was loads of good food and new friends to meet.

Today the weather continued to be damp and rainy, and Bob was feeling sniffly.  I wove much of the day again. Tomorrow should be better weather and hopefully we can get outside a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment