Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Quiet Day

This has been a fairly quiet week for us, compared to last week.  And that's ok. It's nice to have a little down time, time to do a little house cleaning, a bit of weaving, maybe watch a movie and read a bit.

We did have a couple of fellows stop in today. One was here to repair a couple of chips in our windshield that appeared after the last leg of our journey here. And the other was here to appraise the damage done when our tire blew out in November. We had taken the motorhome to Sunbelt RV in Belton, TX to get an estimate right after it happened. Then they kept feeding us a lot of bologna and never followed up with a quote despite our many calls to them. That's one place we will NEVER set foot in for any reason in the future.

So we lost all that time and now that we are in one place for a few weeks it's time to "git 'er done."  This time we at least didn't have to drive to get the appraisal. We should hear back in a few days.

I'm having the loveliest time weaving my blanket, not rushing and enjoying the weaving. I can only do it for about an hour before my back starts to protest, but that's ok. I'll do a little each day. I like to listen to podcasts while I weave and it's very pleasurable.

Bob has made some shuttles for me out of some cherry lumber and they are gorgeous. He just has to finish them with a little more sanding and some Tung oil and they'll be ready to use. I'll post a picture when they're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment