Monday, July 6, 2015

On The Way To Cape May...

We made it to Cape May! This morning Bob and I got up and  he went to get a new hitch for the car that would hold our bike rack so that we could drive them to a good riding area. Meanwhile, I scurried around getting everything stowed away in preparation for our camping trip. After Bob returned I went to get groceries for our trip, and we headed on our way about 1:00.  Adam and Alex sat at the dinette and had lunch, then did a little reading. It was a quiet trip.
When we arrived at the campground we put the slides out and changed for the pool. This campground has a nice pool and hot tub, and we all enjoyed the water on this summer's day. Afterwards it was time for dinner, with hot dogs, corn on the cob, and guacamole. I showed the boys how to mix up 3-2-1 cake which they enjoyed immensely, with a side of chocolate rocks. Chocolate rocks are a family camping tradition!

It's only 7:00 pm as I write this and already I am pooped. It has been a very busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment